New states are welcome to join the SELN at any time.
- Participate in self-assessment and site visits to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their existing employment support infrastructures and develop strategies to address issues.
- Develop a state employment work plan that lays out effective short-term action steps to move the state along the path to improvement.
- Connect with a group of like-minded states to share concerns and ideas.
- Gain access to a pool of peer consultants and trainers
- Receive assistance, if necessary, developing a data tracking system to help the state monitor progress and fine-tune improvement strategies over time.
- Participate in monthly calls to manage project business and also share experiences among the participating states.
- Receive exclusive issue papers and data notes on key topics of common concern to SELN states.
- Have access to regular SELN webconferences featuring leading experts on organizing, financing, and delivering employment supports to individuals with disabilities.
How to join
If your state is looking for a way to improve employment outcomes for individuals with developmental disabilities, you should consider the opportunities and benefits of joining the NASDDDS-ICI State Employment Leadership Network (SELN).
For additional information, please contact:
Rie Kennedy-Lizotte at firstname.lastname@example.org or Suzzanne Freeze at Suzzanne.Freeze@umb.edu